Voting

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pillowcase Dress




This is the first "pillowcase" dress I have ever made and it certainly won't be the last. It was so easy and I had studied it so long......I have the tendency to make things complicated in my mind! I used a cupcake design from http://www.nobbieneezkids.com/ and the name was created in my Monogram Wizard Plus program. This is for a little girl's first birthday and she is having a Mickey Mouse party so I thought these colors would be perfect! I used instructions to use elastic in the front and back and sewing the ribbons on so they do not pull out. If you google "pillowcase dress instructions" you will find lots of help on the net. (there are some good videos too!) I do wish I had used white or yellow for the name but you have to live and learn! All in all I am pleased with the dress and colors although I really do want to do something floral and dainty!
God blessed us with wonderful chruch services today and a relaxing afternoon at home. Until next time, may God bless you and yours.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it has a ruffle at the neckline. I like that. I made my first one this past week also and put the elastic thru the front and back and sewed the ribbons on so she could dress herself. I have a ruffle for the hem. Wish I had put one at the neckline, looks cuter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ruffle here Becky, just the elastic ran thru the casing, ends closed and the ribbons attached. Don't you just love the ease of these??

    ReplyDelete