Voting

Friday, July 10, 2009

Georgia Cornbread Cake


Need something fast and easy for a quick dessert? Try these. I describe it as a non-chocolate version of a brownie. Be careful when you try these....they're so good you might just (as we say in the south) swallow your tongue!

Georgia Cornbread Cake

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
1 cup oil
2 cups pecans

mix all ingredients together and put in a pan sprayed with Pam and bake at 350 for about 30 to 45 minutes
(I used a 13x9 pan)

Today I have to say I am thankful to be home after a quick trip to see my daughter in Enterprise, AL. She is presently stationed at Ft. Rucker. In the picture you'll see her and her dad (my husband) from the trip he took down in April. Casey will graduate with her "wings" in a couple weeks. She has always been the sunshine in our lives and has a wonderful personality. We have so much fun together. She says when she told her classmates she had a surprise waiting when she got home on Wednesday afternoon and it was her mom she got funny looks. I am blessed that Casey and I share a wonderful relationship. We had such a good visit and so many really good laughs and some heart to heart talks. The doctor's office referred to the baby on the sonogram as the size of a Lima bean....I told her that was the northern term, here in the south she is carrying a little butter bean! So for now the baby is affectionately known as "Butter Bean".
God blessed me with a safe trip there and back and a wonderful time with Casey!

No comments:

Post a Comment