Voting

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Read a Book



A few years ago my daughter introduced me to a book that I think should be required reading for all Christians! This book is called "Traveling Light" by Max Lucado. The book explores the 23 Psalms in depth, the richness and immeasurable love of our Father for us and His desire to carry all those burdens that we saddle ourselves with in life. I have turned back to this book several times, picking it up and randomly reading a chapter here and there. It seems that every chapter applies to whatever is burdening me at the time and reminding me that God wants me to let go of those things I can't fix and prayfully hand it to Him. Many booksellers on the internet still offer this book as well as Max Lucado's site.
Today I share the blessing of being a grandmother. I have three healthy grandchildren and another on the way. I have found that being a grandmother is just one of the best parts of life. Its almost as if God hands you a reward for the endurance of raising your own children. I don't love my grandchildren more than my children but they are here at a time in my life I can enjoy them and realize how quickly the time will go by when they will be adults. I hope and pray that I can be a positive Christian influence on them and I live for the day they give their own lives to Christ. Emilee,age 9, the oldest, will be experiencing church camp for the first time this year and is so excited. Parker is 7 and is so smart. He reads on an advanced level and seems to have an uncanny math ability. Caden is 2 and is often mistaken for a girl as he has beautiful dimples, blue eyes and a head full of curls that you can not tell where they start and end! Caden is potty training this summer and discovering lots of new things in life, recently being peanut butter and jelly sandwiches which he says are "UMMM, good!" We don't know yet what sex the new baby will be. This will be my daughter's first and I am so excited for her. My heart is already full with love for this baby and I look forward to getting to know it as I have the other 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment