Voting

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Chicken Salad

4 chicken breasts boiled in water with 1 stick of butter
(boil the chicken for a long time and it will just fall apart and be very tender)
2 cups sliced red seedless grapes
1 peeled and chopped Grannie Smith Apple
2 small cans drained pineapple tidbits
about 1 cup (more or less) of toasted chopped pecans (I just put them in a nonstick skillet and get them warm so the oils will really let go of flavor, but keep them stirred!)
about 2 tbls sugar
about a 1 1/2 cups of chopped sweet pickles or sweet salad cubes
Get a large jar of HELLMAN'S mayo and you'll just add and stir until it looks like it is creamy enough, you can always add more later if you need too
Better if you make it the night before its to be served
You can adjust your ingredients if you wanted to make a smaller amount

This is a big hit at showers and get-togethers. My sister gave me the recipe.

Today I am so thankful to be up, dressed and feeling better. I have had a bout of just not feeling too well. Maybe its the heat? The sun is shining and although it promises to be a very hot day, its beautiful. Only God could create the beauty of sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rita, I have a recipe that is similar. I use half mayonaise and half sour cream, plus I add cashews and chopped celery. Sometimes I'll add dried cranberries or roasted peppers too. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Dena......I will HAVE to try that. Recently I had another chicken salad and it had celery I know. Maybe this is it! Would you please send the whole recipe for me to try?
    I would appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete