Voting

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gifts for Baby


I seem to be going through a phase of baby showers! I am currently making burp cloths using cloth diapers, ribbons and embroidery machine designs. I am also doing just rectangle squares of 2 pieces of flannel sewn together for burp cloths. I remember my son, Chris, was really a bad "spitter" and you never had enough burp cloths around! Here http://www.its-sew-karren.com/diaper-burp-cloths.html you will find a nice article about these burp cloths made from diapers and some good online sources for buying good diapers.
Today I have posted a picture of a baby gift made a couple years ago. Its a baby's dirty clothes bag. I used a free design for the crown and with embroidery software Monogram Wizard Plus I created the saying "Even a Princess has dirty laundry" then did some embroidery applique to place little girls dresses on the bag. Its a simple drawstring top. The embroidery designs can be found from A Bit of Stitch here http://www.secretsof.com/content/817. I also love putting these designs on the burp cloths with the baby's name.
Sadly today I have a friend that has lost her mother in a tragic auto accident. Like always I feel helpless in saying the right words to comfort this family. I do the only thing I can, I pray for the comfort that God can give them at this time. I do believe, although I sometimes act as if this isn't enough, offering ones name in prayer is the greatest thing we can do for others! I am thankful we have a loving God that hears and answers our prayers!

4 comments:

  1. Two years ago when my daughter was pregnant with my granddaughter, she was given three baby showers - one at her office, one at the father's office, and one hosted by friends and family. They had received so many things they had to move to a larger house to fit everything into their house. LOL

    I'm sorry hear of your friend's loss. My mother died when I was eight as the result of a vehicle accident. My prayers are with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag. I have never thought of giving a dirty clothes bag for a baby shower but it is a terrific idea.

    Praying for you as you encourage your friend. Missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wedding and baby showers,that is giving gifts for them...its all about new beginnings to a hopefully wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would make some fun machine embroidery projects! I am trying to get my daughters more interested in sewing and crafts, I think they will like this. Plus, they do make great gifts!

    ReplyDelete