Voting

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hot Slaw

This is a wonderful recipe for a delicious hot dog slaw that is sweet with a little heat!

HOT SLAW
1 GAL shredded cabbage
3 shredded carrots
1 cup white vinegar
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp. black pepper
3 bell peppers, chopped
3 onions, chopped
3 cups sugar
3 cups mustard
1 1/2 tsp powdered cayenne pepper

Mix vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, black and cayenne pepper together. Add the veggies and bring this mixture to a boil and put in jars and seal.

I am so thankful today for the ability to see, hear, speak, smell and hear. We tend to take these "simple" 5 senses for granted. I am thankful that God gave me these five senses so I can enjoy all His creation!

2 comments:

  1. So is this slaw like a sauerkraut? I'm not a fan of sauerkraut, but my husband loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no no this is a sweet spicy slaw, really good on hotdogs! My son likes it by itself.

    ReplyDelete