Voting

Friday, August 14, 2009

Easy Sausage Balls

Now I know you saw that title and said "OH NO, not another sausage ball recipe"! Well, I found this one to be the BEST one I have tried and the EASIEST...

SAUSAGE BALLS
2 cups Pioneer baking mix
1/2 cup water
1 lb. hot pork sausage (I use Groggans)
12 oz grated sharp Cheddar cheese

Put sausage and cheese in a bowl and microwave until warm (about 30 secs in mine)
Mix this together and add the Pioneer mix and water. Mix all of this well with hands and make into 1 1/2 inch balls and bake at 400 for about 12-15 minutes. (I do spray the pan with a cooking spray but you could use parchment paper!)

Heating the sausage and cheese will cut down on mixing time by half! These are delicious and can be frozen after cooking and cooling for a quick snack or breakfast....that is if you have any left!

Thankfully today I am getting some more baby gifts made for the upcoming babies popping up all around me! I just love doing these things and will be posting some pictures soon of finished gifts. There may be lots of repeats as far as the item in the gift, but they will all look different with the different fabrics and such!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rita! This sounds like an interesting recipe. Do you serve them with anything special like a tomoto sauce?

    You'll have to post some pictures of the baby gifts you're making. I love to make receiving blanket and burp cloth sets. They're so easy to make and always the talk of the showers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe with a 1/2 and 1/2 ratio of spicy barbeque sauce and mayo. Delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete